Employee Scheduling Software
Visual Staff Scheduler Pro 14 is the easiest way to assign shifts and manage work schedules.
Thank you for choosing to try VSS Pro!
Click on the Download Now button to start downloading the free demo edition of the software. The file size is 20.4 MB, so it could take a couple of minutes to download.
- If necessary, click on the Save As option and save to your desktop.
- When the download is complete, double click on the VSSDemo.exe file on your desktop to install the demo software.
- You can expect a registration screen to appear the first time you use the demo. User registration is free. There’s no obligation to buy.
- If you have any questions, please call 1-800-874-8801.
The demo edition of our employee scheduling software is available for up to 15 uses.
Optimize the features in VSS Pro
Download the Tips & Tricks Guide (.pdf, 395 KB) to learn how to use the VSS Pro demo to its full potential.
Schedule Split Shifts in Employee Scheduling Software
Visual Staff Scheduler allows you to schedule two shifts, also known as a split shift, to an employee on the same day.
- Appointment Scheduling
- customer review
- personnel records
- Employee Scheduling
- Human Resources
- how to schedule
- Business Planning
- write a business plan
Modify Schedule Formats
Before employee scheduling software can accept the entry of split shifts, you need to modify your schedule format to display the additional shifts. Make sure to modify all schedule formats including One Day, Week, 14 days, 28 days and 42 days schedule formats in order to allow for split shifts.
Select Edit Schedule Format from the View menu in Visual Staff Scheduler to modify the schedule format. In the Edit Schedule Format window click on an available list box and select Shift2. This will display the second scheduled shift in the cells on your scheduling worksheet. You can also choose to display the start and end times of that second shift. Put a checkmark in the Tie column if you would like the selected items together on one line in the schedule. For example, if you choose to tie Shift1 and Shift2, then that line in the cell could read as Morning and Evening shifts on screen in the scheduling worksheet.
Schedule Split Shifts
Once you modify the schedule format to allow for split shifts you can assign two shifts to a person on a single day.
- Highlight the date you wish to assign a shift.
- Select the first shift from the Shift Selector list and click on the Assign Shift button to assign the first shift.
- Select the second shift from the Shift Selector list and click on the Assign Shift button to assign the second shift.
If the start time of the second shift conflicts with the end time of the first shift, Visual Staff Scheduler displays a message indicating there is a shift assignment conflict.
This is how Visual Staff Scheduler allows you to schedule two shifts to an employee on the same day. Watch the video to see how easy it is to schedule split shifts using our employee scheduling software.